Dyno testing gives you the confidence of knowing exactly what you've got.
Know for sure the performance of an engine that you will depend on before putting it into service.
Under-load conditions are duplicated and Modern's technicians are there to scrutinize every system
and make adjustments. All engines we repair or rebuild are routinely run and verified before they
leave our shop. Dynomometer testing is the best quality assurance you can have.
Why dyno testing?
- Evaluate performance and power of used engines
- Operating data can be compared to manufacturer's specifications
- Know positively engine and oil temperatures, pressures, fuel consumption, air/fuel ratio, over a range of loads
- Continuous duty power verification, minimum load capability
- Tune for fuel economy, maximum power, emissions control, set ECM parameters
- Engine break-in before installation
Our state-of the-art system gives accurate results
Modern's dynamometer is equipped with the PowerNet LT control system and is a highly efficient engine
qualification tool. Testing is fully automated for precision control of engine throttle and
dynamometer load insuring accurate and repeatable performance of each step for reliable certification
The system offers fully customized data capture and reports for pinpointing any area of concern.
Alarm warnings sound when sensors exceed range of operation presets, and data is recorded so
conditions triggering the alarm can be diagnosed.
We test all makes of engines
Our dyno handles all makes and types of engines, land and marine, from 50 to 2000 HP at speeds up to 4000 RPM.
Call your local service department to arrange a dyno session.
(not available at all locations).
Pick up and delivery available!
Kent, Washington: (800) 669-2425
Portland, Oregon: (800) 950-7779
Missoula, Montana: (800) 332-1617